1.16.2007

The First Mile...

My Chacos have remained by the door for the past few days... it's been so chilly out there. But there has been so much excitement going on indoors, they do not feel they are missing anything.

Well, it has happened at last. Mark and I are parents! There are some that might question that fact, seeing as how we have two children. but well,2007 (and about a week of 2006) has been a big year thus far. For Christmas we had the bitter sweet experiences of finally playing the Santa Clause game. We stayed at our own home for Christmas morning. Craziness! The excitement was only tainted by the fact that I found myself wishing there really was a Santa Clause...that way I didn't have to do the shopping and the staying up to decorate! :) but it was a blast. "Santa" brought Sarah a doll house and a tricycle, and Katelyn some bath toys and books. Not to mention the piles of candy he left on a little table to tempt the eye of a certain three year old. My favorite part was sitting back with just the tree lights looking upon our handywork. It was quite fun.
And the biggest step of all...for the first time, we've installed those annoying little claspy things that go on your cabinets. I can't believe it. I feel like such a mom. The first step to motherhood. well, not quite the first step... :) We've found we need to keep a certain little bald-headed explorer out of the trash. She is quite the determined one, and such a tease. Sarah, just never cared, so this will be the first time we've had to wrestle with those darn things on a regular basis.
So, anyway, welcome to my blog. I will be posting things fairly regularly. Though I cannot guarantee the importance of anything I post! :) Happy reading!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The long awaited moment has arrived - Elizabeth has a blog! Congrats, friend.