1.25.2007

mamma's for rent

So here i sit, more like lay, while by head is bloated and nose is snuffed. how i wish there were mamma's to rent for the day. who's to take care when the mamma gets sick? i thought about this as i sat and watched "Sabrina" (a movie, which by the way, i am in the mood for anytime!) and sipped my soup and drank my juice and snuggled in on the couch with a big fuzzy blanket, slippers sarah gave me for christmas and my pillow. i was suddenly brought back to the good old days when you would get that rare opportunity to see just what mom really does when all the kids are at school during the day. and now i know that my perspective was based on a false sampling. for when one is sick, mamma brings soup and juice and caters to your every whim. she would clean about while i was watching a movie to convince me that motherhood was work. but now that i am a mamma myself and have moments, few though they may be, without children i know that motherhood is nothing more than chocolates and movies....

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Amen, sistah! I agree with that! And I don't even have kids yet... But I need a mama everytime I get sick, too.

So, I was just reading on your profile that one of your fav books is Wives and Daughters. That book has been on my "To read" list for years now. I saw the BBC movie and really enjoyed it, but knowing movies I figured the book must be 10 times better. Now with your thumbs up, I know it has to be!Guess I need to make a trip to the library...

STUDBRAND said...

Hey.. Sup Liz!!

I know this is late, but Thanks for writing me with your little sunbeam class or CTR class while I was on my mission that was awesome!!

Err.. even though I never wrote those kids back :(

Anyways good to hear and see from you guys!

Melissa said...

Hey Liz, I hope you are feeling better! I'm sure looking forward to reading your next post...